Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Remember Paint-By-Number?

Hello friends,

It's time for more crochet talk!

Well, actually, maybe we'll just talk about something I found in the attic, rather than things crochet-related today.

You know how you just run across something you forgot you had? Well, I did that not long ago.  Being a grandma (and loving it!), I've been around for awhile! So, you may not remember the paint-by-number craze that ensued 50+ years ago, but I do. Yep, that's what I came across in the attic - a framed pair of beautifully-painted pictures of a family of horses. 

As you can imagine, paint-by-number art is only as good as the "steady" hand of the artist. And I wanted to share this lovely set with you. You'll be able to see how precise and detailed the artist was!

The world of art has come a long way from the paint-by-number era. I've learned that there is nothing you can do wrong when it comes to creating "beauty." And, honestly, I'm glad. I've come to appreciate so many art forms. There are lots of very creative thinkers in our world today!

I encourage you, as a crafter/artisan, to live out your creative dreams in the beauty you make. If you have a specialty or vintage items, like my sweet family of paint-by-number horses, there's an outlet for your wares:  Etsy.com. Check it out. I did. I now have my own shop... where incidentally, you will find this pair of pictures for sale. <wink>

So, dream and do and love it while you're at it!

Join us again next week for more crochet talk. In the meantime, please visit Grandma's Crochet Cottage (my etsy store). Have a great week!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home